Monday 1 August 2016

Dealing with Insecurities and becoming confident




Do you know that we can miss out on God’s best for our lives because of insecurity or lack of confidence?

In my own life, I have struggle so many times with feelings of insecurity that has crippled me from walking into my God-given destiny.  Many of these feelings of insecurity were seeds planted by others who kept telling me that I can’t do this or I’m not pretty enough or I’m not qualified enough or I’m too poor and I allowed these feelings to outweigh the Truth of God’s Word that ‘I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me’ (Philippians 4:13).
I met many people who struggle with these feelings also. The root of insecurity is fear. Fear of not becoming successful, fear of what others might think or say and fear of being rejected. If we allow fear to stop us, we are falling into Satan’s plans. We know his plan is to rob our purpose, steal our joy and kill our destiny. So we cannot accept this.

In order for us to overcome these feelings of insecurity and walk in confidence; we must increase our faith. Faith is the antidote of fear. So when we increase our faith, fear will decrease.

How do we increase our faith?

Well, Romans 10:17 says ‘faith comes from hearing’.

So we must reflect, listen and believe what God says about us.

As many of you know, my new book launches this month. To be honest, I got up this morning feeling so overwhelmed with nervousness and insecurity. I heard a voice saying, ‘nobody will buy your book’, ‘they won’t like your book’, ‘when people read those things about you, you will lose their respect’... I had to intentional start speaking against those lies… I started to play some worship music and reflect on God’s love. 1 John 4:18 states that “God’s perfect love casts out all fear”.

Confidence is built from the inside and radiates on the outside. So the more, I began to believe in God’s love, my faith increased and the fears begun to decrease.

Whatever God has called us to do, it will require us to be confident. I know it’s not easy but it is possible to live a fulfilled life and accomplish your dreams.

The confidence we need is far bigger than “self-confidence” because that has limited potential. We need “God-confidence” as this gives us limitless possibilities.


In my new book,  ‘Living A Royal Reality’, I have a chapter on Confidence and I share strategies on increasing your confidence that has been working for me. So as soon as the book release, grab your copy:-) 





I want you to believe that God has so much He wants to do in you, through you and with you. Start feeding yourself more faith-filled messages and reflect on His Word to help to conquer these feelings of insecurities.

God loves you and I love you too!

God bless you.

To God to be Glory**** 

Crystal  

No comments:

Post a Comment