Tuesday 9 August 2016

Reclaiming Excellence for the Kingdom



One of my biggest pet peeves is to see things done in a sloppy and unpresentable manner. It's so important as Christians (children of A King), that we realize we aren't just representing ourselves but more importantly we're representing the God that we declare we serve. 

This blog is not a criticism of Christians but I'm hoping to challenge you to do everything in the Kingdom with excellence.
 

I've heard many Christians say our career or job is not important. They tend to believe that doing "church" duties are the only things that matter to God but I beg to differ.

Colossians 3:23-24 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Whatever you do [whatever your task may be], work from the soul [that is, put in your very best effort], as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [greatest] reward. It is the Lord Christ whom you [actually] serve.”

This Scripture is telling us wherever we are now is a part of God's purpose for us and He must be glorified and whatever we do, we must do it well.

So let me ask, are you truly walking in excellence?
 

I want you to really ponder this question. I've attended too many events held by Christians that are poorly planned and executed.
 Striving for excellence starts with a mindset and this will alter our behavior.
In my years before Christ being a party girl, I attended many events and it's a bit embarrassing because they invest time, money and resources to ensure these events are done in excellence.  Now, we know the excuse that Christians don't have money like that and I wonder why.. hmmm...but let me not even comment today (that's for an upcoming blog). 

However, as I said I want this blog to challenge us to start thinking and acting in excellence.
 

What is excellence?  Simply put, it is high quality, superiority, greatness and extreme value.
 

These are all the things God has called us to be excellent in: our jobs, careers, education, church, school, recreation, business, events and in our overall lifestyle.
 

Many religious folks may quote John 17:16 that says "Be ye separated from the world". To which I totally agree. We cannot operate like the world because we're called to a higher standard because our GOD owns all things.
  So we should not “fit” into their mold. We cannot allow the world to dim our lights; we must be the catalyst in everything we do. 

Think about Daniel and Joseph, these men were greatly admired because of the spirit of excellence which they portrayed. Also, Solomon, look at how he built the temple with great precision and caliber.
 These men of God were able to represent Jehovah with distinctionJ

Come on friends, we have to truly do better because we cannot represent the King we say we serve when we do things with mediocrity and lackluster.
 

I leave these two Scriptures with you:

1 Corinthians 10:31
 So then, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of [our great] God.”

Matthew 5:16
 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good deeds and moral excellence, and [recognize and honor and] glorify your Father who is in Heaven.”

Hope I've challenged you
to start thinking higher about how we represent ourselves but even more importantly how we represent our God (King). 

Excellence is a virtue and we should pursue it at all times.


Look at next week as I discuss 6 Steps to Achieve Excellence


God loves you and I love you too.


To God be the glory
Crystal Daye



Just a few things:

1) I'm so proud myself.. I officially launched my rebranded website yesterday. Please check it out and sign up on my mailing list -
 www.crystaldaye.com


2) My first book launches on Amazon on August 18th titled: "Living A Royal Reality" - look out for more details on the launch and book tour coming up.


3) Remember, I sell t-shirts various styles and colours on sale for Ja. $1,200 You can order yours at email:
crystalsdaye@gmail.com telephone #(876) 540-4863 



No comments:

Post a Comment