Friday 16 September 2016

Trusting in His Faithfulness (Part 5)

A few months ago, God laid it on my heart to share the journey I’m going through. Many times people are deceived to come into Christianity to believe serving God means getting everything you want and life will be easier and that is so not the case. Even as believers, we go through various tests to help us grow in faith and develop our perseverance which matures us to be more like Christ.

Honestly, I would prefer to wait until the testimony comes and the victory is won, than to share my vulnerability while being tested. But this life is not about me, it’s about giving God the glory whether circumstances are good or bad.
So, I shared that the Lord led me to sell my vehicle over 5 months ago. With all my heart I knew this was an instruction from God; even though many times over the last couple of months I’ve questioned if it was me being greedy and wanting a new vehicle or it was really Him.  But every time I questioned it, I realized that my faith was being shaken and if my faith is shaken then it will have a ripple effect on who I am as a child of God. So, I know without a shadow of a doubt, this command was given by God and I needed to be obedient.
Update of the vehicle.. Well, the funds were provided, finally got the concession sorted out and paid for the vehicle expecting within 2 – 3 weeks (early July), I would have had the vehicle. It’s almost the end of August but still no word, all I keep hearing next week but next week hasn’t come yet. I’ve gotten frustrated, disappointed and even anxious during this period because I can’t understand what is causing the delay. This is really annoying especially with back-to-school just around the corner.
In my quiet time, God has been speaking to me about many aspects of my life. Every time I seek Him about the vehicle, He reminds me that He is in control and I must be patient. Can I tell you how waiting sucks sometimes!!
I started to reflect on the past 5 months and what it has been like. I have recognized that not having a car has actually been a blessing. When I stop looking on what I don’t have and start truly reflecting on all I’ve learnt during this season, actually it’s been one of the best season in my Christian life regarding my spiritual growth and awareness.
  • Since I don’t have a vehicle, I have been able to truly ‘be still’ and humble myself before God. I am normally miss-busy-body so I am everywhere trying to do everything. Not having a vehicle, I’ve been spending far more time in God’s presence, reading more, listening to more faith-filled messages, completed my website, writing more and I’ve been able to truly get focus on building my business and honing my skills and knowledge to become a Kingdom Entrepreneur. Honestly, the knowledge I’ve gained over the past couple of months has truly been life-changing and preparing me for the next season of my life… God is so faithful! 
  •  Not having a vehicle has also helped me to be a bit more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. My discernment has certainly increased and the true intentions of many persons that I thought were genuine were revealed. I’ve learnt to believe God the first time He tells me something about someone and not try to ‘change’ them or believe what I see on the surface. More and more, I recognized the enemy can truly use anyone against you, if they allow themselves to be used…God is so faithful! 
  • I have also been learning about myself and some ungodly characteristics about myself that God needed to truly ‘cut away’. My bad spending habits, my occasional lying tendencies, being an emotional wreck sometimes, being manipulative to get my own way and also my lack of self-control regarding mouth management (I can be too feisty sometimes). To others these might seem minor, but to God they have very big implications. There is no small sin, sin is sin and I’m called to be holy, righteous and blameless before Him (Hebrews 12:14 & 1 Peter 1:14-16). I must be conscious that I am not living for myself but I am representing Christ in everything I do…God is so faithful!
I could go on and on, but I wanted to share those specific lessons because I want to challenge you to look at your ‘waiting’ season as a blessing also. Not having a job, going through a divorce, being broke, being single, losing a love one or waiting on your next breakthrough might seem like a punishment but I guarantee it is not. Even in this season of waiting, God is trying to reveal our hearts and intentions to us. Many of us, think we love God until He is no longer giving us all we think we deserve.
Will we still serve God if He never answers another prayer? Is He still God when we lose everything that He has given us? Do we believe He is still faithful when things are bad and we can’t explain what is going on? 
These are the questions, I’m challenged to reflect on in this season of my life.
I daily choose to trust God that He knows what is best for my life. Sometimes, I do cry and struggle with negative feelings. But feelings are so temporary. This is not out of doubting He will come through but honestly, I just really want to ensure I am in His Will and being obedient in everything I do. 
My heart’s desire is to ensure God is pleased with my life.. Car or no car, job or no job, single or taken .. Be encouraged …God is still faithful~

God loves you and I love you too!!
Crystal

Just a few things:
1) Please check my website and sign up on my mailing list – www.crystaldaye.com
13895181_10157350579505193_2273385794740679984_n
2) My first book launched on Amazon on August 18th “Living A Royal Reality”. My book launch party is this Saturday at 8 Ruthven Road.. Please come out and support. 
Crystal Daye Book Launch Flyer
3) Remember I sell t-shirts various styles and colours on sale for Ja. $1,200 You can order yours at email: crystalsdaye@gmail.com telephone #(876) 540-4863
13662217_1046222182137498_2018394310872456838_o

No comments:

Post a Comment