Friday 16 September 2016

Trusting in His faithfulness (Testimony #6)


Many of us have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior (redeemer of sin and saver of souls); but we struggle with making Him the Lord (yielding to the will and control) over our lives.
I didn’t think this was an issue to me until the Holy Spirit showed me in my quiet time that the decision I made to purchase this new vehicle, I didn’t surrender it to the Lord.

Proverbs 3: 5-6 says:
Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. – Amplified version

“If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense, then trust the Lord completely; don’t ever trust yourself. In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.” – Living Bible

I’m very familiar with this verse but until this long waiting period, I’ve truly recognize that this is not just a verse to recite when I think we’re “waiting” but instead it’s one of the recipe for success in our life.

I love how the Living Bible puts it, “Put God first, don’t ever trust yourself”.  That means before I make every single decision, talk to God about it. Rely on His direction. Allow Him to remove all the obstacles that may try to block my way.

As I ponder on the whole car situation, I embarrassingly admit I didn’t seek God first. I got a command to sell my old vehicle then I relied on my own finite understanding and now I’m unnecessarily in this period of excessively waiting (which sucks… sorry can Christian say suck.. hush that’s best way I can put it).

Now, overly religious people would say “that’s God’s will”… But I’ve learnt that there is God’s perfect will and His permissible will. If I follow HIS command in the first place (which is asking for His direction first and not lean on my own understanding) then He would have “crown my efforts with success”. Instead, I didn’t what I wanted to do then when things weren’t working out, I ask for His intervention (sigh).  But He is a loving God so I know He will work it out for my good eventually (Romans 8:28).

I also thought about it logically, if I had an earthly husband I would have sought His advice before I make such a decision; so why didn’t I sought my heavenly husband first?
So, I sat at my desk this morning just talking to God because the guy that is dealing with my car says I will get it today but now, he’s giving me more excuses (like what He’s been telling me for past 3 months). I got a bit annoyed and I began to pray. Then I was told to blog this lesson… (which was really challenging because no one wants to admit that they made a foolish decision by not seeking God first on such a big purchase).

I was reminded that this is not about me. I am simply a vessel. A chosen vessel.

Somebody is in the process of making some decisions in their life and it might seem like it’s the best decision but our limited understanding can easily lead us astray. Proverbs 16:25 says, "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death." When we choose to direct our lives according to what seems right to us, we often reap disaster (Judges 21:25).

I’ve learnt no matter how ‘big’ or ‘small’ the decision is ASK HIM!! God sees the whole picture, while we only see our tiny bit of it. 

This has certainly been a learning experience for me. Even the clothes we wear, God cares about. How we spend our money, God cares about. How we spend our time, God cares about. Which doctor or dentist, God cares about. YES.. Like seriously He does!!

So as I end this blog, I want to close with a prayer:


Dear Lord forgive me for all the times I thought I knew the answer or I knew the way. Forgive me for going ahead of you, for trying to fight my battles on my own or trusting in my own finite wisdom. Abba, I ask that you help me to always put your first. Help me to always seek you first. Help me to surrender my ways, knowledge, wisdom and plans to you. Father have your sweet way in my life and the direct me daily, hourly and by the minute in the way you want me to go. In Jesus name. Amen 


God loves you and I love you too!!
Crystal
Just a few things:
1) Please check my website and sign up on my mailing list – www.crystaldaye.com

13895181_10157350579505193_2273385794740679984_n
2) Order my first book, Living A Royal Reality from Amazon, if you are outside of Jamaica or contact me personally if you in Jamaica. 

Order Your
3) Remember I sell t-shirts various styles and colours on sale for Ja. $1,200 You can order yours at email: crystalsdaye@gmail.com telephone #(876) 540-4863


13662217_1046222182137498_2018394310872456838_o

No comments:

Post a Comment