Wednesday 4 November 2015

Heart of Worship (Seek God more)


For the past couple of weeks, so many thoughts have been plaguing me and I found myself so scared to the point of crying for days. I kept crying out to God so much on behalf of my family, friends, the nation, unbelievers and especially believers. 



Recently, I attended a Singles Retreat in Florida and can I tell you I did not attend just another session about singleness. This retreat was far more than trying to tell us to accept our single status or preparing for a spouse but it really challenged me to prepare for my marriage with Christ and preparing for eternity. During a visit to my sister, Itohan's church, God started to download so much into my Spirit about how caught up many of us are in doing things for Him yet we don't know Him. Many of us are so busy serving in many ministries at church, leading services and even preaching about Him yet we don't spend anytime with Him. We have accepted a form of godliness yet denying the true power of God (2 Timothy 3:5)
 Many of us know the Word of God but not the God of the Word!! 

I wept bitterly!! 




Sometimes we believe that we love God and try prove this by our works while God is saying HE wants a relationship with us. Honestly, I really had to cry out to God and ask Him to help me to love Him with all my heart, all my soul and all my mind (Matthew 22:37).  I had to beg God to help me to have a daily encounter with Him, help me to seek His heart and not His hands, help me to truly know Him and not settle with knowing about Him, help my worship and relationship with Him to be real and not for a show!! 



God knows how scared I am to be posting on Facebook about Him, sharing blogs, preaching the Gospel, being celibate and doing things in His name then on the day when I see Him face to face hear 'Depart from me, I know you not' (Matthew 7:21-23). 



If we truly understand that everything we are busy seeking is so so temporary, we would yearn deeper for a Heart of Worship. 

So yes I want a husband but guess what marriage is temporary,  yes I love my daughter but guess what motherhood is temporary, yes I want to serve and do great things for God but guess what ministry is temporary... ONLY MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS ETERNAL!! 

My relationship with God is the only thing that is lasting; because there will be no marriage, ministry or career in heaven. So yes, I can desire these things but daily I have to ensure that I am not so earthly-minded that I am no heavenly-good. 

I wrote a blog couple months ago about Modern Day Idolatry and I encourage you to check it out because it is so easy for us to be caught up in so many things that God is no longer a priority. 

Friends, I beg you to check yourself daily.. Ensure that you are not so in love with the creation that you desert the Creator! If you feel you need help, reach out to someone or drop me an email and I will pray with you. 

WE NEED GOD MORE THAN EVER NOW! SEEK HIM! GET IN HIS WORD!! 

I truly love each and everyone of you and I pray you will be challenged to truly repent and seek God some more! 



Let us pray
Dear Abba Father, teach me to love you with all my heart, all my soul and all my mind. Help me to have a true heart of worship and diligently seek you every single day. Lord, I ask that you give me a new encounter with you and help me to have an authentic relationship with you. God I ask you for increase my appetite for your Word, let me hunger and thirst for your righteousness and seek your heart and not your hands. Forgive me Jesus for being so caught up in temporary things. Holy Spirit lead me and have your way. In Jesus' name. Amen


Check out this song by D Murphy.. It has been on replay for weeks! 



Also check out this sermon from my favorite female minister, Heather Lindsey





To God to be Glory**** 

Crystal 



Feel free to email me with questions or concerns at shachene@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. Very relatable blog. As i just started to do my devotion back again.

    ReplyDelete