Tuesday 6 October 2015

National Christelle Day.. Happy 4th my princess:-)

Happy 4th Birthday Chrissypooh


I can't believe it has really been 4 years that I'm a mom! .. WOW:-) Honestly, it seems like just the other day I found out I was pregnant then I blinked and she's FOUR!!! 
Happy Birthday ma princess Christelle:-))))))

God has really been so good to us and He is so worthy to be praised and exalted because I know there was nothing I could have done to deserve so much blessings and favor. I feel so honored to have been chosen to be this little lady's mother. She has been such a joy to everyone who knows her. Her smile, her demeanor and her love is so infectious!


I didn't chose to blog today to "show-off" about my beautiful daughter; actually as I prayed over her this morning as I normally do, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and I was reminded that God's grace and mercy is so real and I am simply amazed of the journey that God has been taking me on called motherhood. 

Firstly, I wanted seven (7) children when I was younger (crazy right) yup! There is just something about children that gives life hope and I literally wanted seven (7) hopes aye (lol). Of course, after Christelle that changed .... No, I didn't go through a rough pregnancy and no I didn't go through a tough labour either! I mean I had morning sickness, uncontrollable spitting (eww.. sorry to gross you out) and Oh my .. breastfeeding really arghhhh (that hurt as hell). But outside of that, I think I am very bless to be spared from many horrific stories I've heard about childbearing (God is soo good)!!

I could also go into Single Parenting woes.. But it's my princess' birthday so I will not go into that (but another blog coming soon). I can say though ladies... Please DO NOT choose that route. All that glitters is not gold and I wish more single mothers would encourage young ladies to ensure you share that special journey called parenting with a husband. But as I said.. next time...

Four lessons I've learnt in my four years of motherhood:

1) Children are literally sponges - they soak in everything. As parents we must be careful to not just say but do the right things around our children. 
Proverbs 22:6 says "Train up a child in the way he should go... ".
You realize it didn't say "TELL" a child, it said 'train'. This means if we are cursing expletives daily but telling the child it's wrong, that won't work. They really do follow everything that you do more than what you say.

2) You cannot be selfish. 
When you have a child, you must become selfless- it literally teaches you that life is more than about you. So many of your own dreams, you will have to re-adjust in order to make the child happy and comfortable. This sometimes challenging but 1 Corinthians 13:4 says Love is not self-seeking.. So your love for your child allows it to become second nature to putting your child first.

3) It really does take a village to raise a child. 
 I am soooo grateful for my family, friends, church members, Christelle's tons of godparents, aunties and uncles. 
I literally could not have gotten to four (4) years 'sane' without them. The support, the kindness, the love, the prayers, the babysitting, the well-wishes.. oh my.. it is simply amazing how important it is to have support. Christelle is growing into such a compassionate, kindhearted and brilliant child. It ain't just because of me seriously! Thank God so much for the wonderful "village" God has blessed us with.

4) Cherish every single moment. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18 says"in everything give thanks.."
As a mother/parent, it is amazing watching our children grow. From baby in diaper, to first tooth, first step, first word, first day at school... It is all because of God's mercies that our day are renewed that we can enjoy these moments. You pray daily and hope you are doing the best you can to grow them up to be the best that God has called them to be. The time flies so quickly that we won't be able to make the decisions for them (I know because I look at my little sweet sister Nioka that I helped raise and she's a little woman now... lol). So we have to cherish every memory, every experience, every moment whether good or bad.


I am so blessed by this little lady, Christelle Rickaylia Garriques, she literally changed my dreams, my plans and my world. This change was ALL for the better. She pushed me straight into the arms of God because I just didn't know how to be a good mother but God has really been teaching me daily. 

I pray you were blessed by this blog.. Say a prayer for me and Christelle as we trod on this journey together. God has been so good to us and I am so grateful....

My encouragement to all mothers and parents.. please ensure you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior (only Him can teach us to be best parents we can be) and never stop praying over your children (don't talk negative words over their lives either). Remember the enemy is here to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10);  not just you but your children too and only weapon we have is the Word of God and our Abba Father who is our refuge and strength (Psalm 46:1). 

Love you guys loads...

Photos 








God bless you... 

To God to be Glory**** 

Crystal 


Feel free to email me with questions at shachene@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. Amen, I have three sons and the joy of motherhood is beautiful and with God and His Grace and teaching and training them up...yes not just telling but being examples to them,by how we live according to God's word...I thank God for allowing me to be a mother though it can and will be rough at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, I have three sons and the joy of motherhood is beautiful and with God and His Grace and teaching and training them up...yes not just telling but being examples to them,by how we live according to God's word...I thank God for allowing me to be a mother though it can and will be rough at times.

    ReplyDelete